Housekeeper - Hospital (Oakdale) - Full Time
Location: Oakdale, CA
The Lead Housekeeper performs and directs housekeepers/laundry aides and janitors in following OVHD policies and procedures and in a variety of environmental service duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, orderly, sanitary and safe condition. Performs floor care, laundry services, cleans dusts and service patient rooms, bathrooms, restrooms, Nurse’s Station and other Hospital and Care Center areas. Cleans and polishes furniture, desks and mirrors; picks up trash and performs other related duties.
Maintains or directs the floor areas by:
Performs and directs a variety of environmental service duties:
Services patient rooms and bathrooms
Cleans and polishes furniture, desks and mirrors
Picks up trash, biohazard materials, hazardous substances and performs other related duties
Other Hospital and Care Center and Clinic Areas as assigned.
Performs and directs laundry services in accordance with procedures and instructions
Operates linen processing equipment
Maintains age specific precautions for pediatric through elderly patients in the performance of work. Demonstrates knowledge of neonate (birth to 28 days), infant (28 days to one year), pediatric (1 to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 70 years), and geriatric (71+ years), age-specific differences when communicating with patients and family, as evidenced by age-appropriate language, inflection and volume.
The following are unit-specific accountabilities
Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, departments, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, windows, outside areas. etc.
Transports trash, linens and biohazardous waste to appropriate area using appropriate containers and PPE.
Stocks and restocks housekeeping closets carts supply room, patient and non patient areas as directed by Management.
Maintains patient/employee confidentiality.
The following are Lead-specific accountabilities
Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to policy and procedures.
1. Assists EVS Management with ensuring EVS staff follows OVHD policies and procedures including breaks, meal periods, time sheets and work schedules.
2. Assists with inspections and evaluated patient/resident rooms and physical condition of OVHD facilities. Inspects and evaluates physical condition of OVHD facilities.
3. Assists with compliance of hazardous chemical/waste management program.
4. Assists with Infection Control Standards and inspections.
5. Assists with the evaluation of laundry/linens and cleaning supplies to maintain compliance.
6. Assists with the Quality Check Program to ensure Customer and Employee Satisfaction.
7. Assists with, establishes, and maintains effective cleaning programs.
8. Assists with requisitions all housekeeping/laundry supplies.
9. Assists with Environment of Care and safety inspections.
High school graduate or equivalent
Six (6) months experience in housekeeping preferred
Ability to read and write English and to follow oral and written instructions
Housekeeping experience desired but not required
Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking
Lifts, positions, pushes up to 50 pounds and over, 50% of the time
Frequent reach, turn, twist, push and pull
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
Manual dexterity and mobility
Ability to move quickly
Ability to adjust vision sufficiently to perform duties
Regularly exposed to the risk of contagious and blood borne diseases
Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, illness)
Subject to irregular hours
Increased stress due to multiple calls and inquiries
Able to work in spite of frequent interruptions
High exposure to communicable diseases and blood borne pathogens