Location: Oakdale, CA
1. Participates in planning, organizing work activities, staff scheduling and providing lead direction to admitting and registration staff on an assigned shift.
2. Participates in hiring, orienting, training, coaching, counseling and evaluation of staff.
3. Is a participant in patient satisfaction improvement efforts to include greeting patients, conducting patient and/or family interviews to obtain information required to accurately identify the patient financial information in the patient registration record.
4. Obtains signatures on required documents and provides literature explaining patient rights, advance directives, and Medicare notices.
5. Provides financial counseling services to uninsured and underinsured patients.
6. Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and enters detail into the patient registration record.
7. Assists the Charge Nurse in coordinating patient bed assignments and other bed management related activities.
8. Demonstrates customer service excellence.
9. Communicates effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and management.
10. Provides analytical assistance and supports the Admitting Department Supervisor with Meditech processes and procedures.
11. Participates in on-call rotation.
High school graduate
Some college preferred
Minimum of (4) years of clerical experience and public contact in a medical setting.
Must be diplomatic, and have the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
Medical terminology preferred.
Sufficient knowledge of compliance regulations as they pertain to admitting functions.
Sufficient knowledge of Patient Financial Services operations to enact changes required for optimal financial performance.
PC experience in Word Processing preferred.
Must have the ability to work with and maintain other office machines.
Must possess good written and verbal communications skills.
Must be able to work independently and meet required deadlines.
Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Lifts, positions, pushes up to 50 pounds
Considerable sitting, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
Touch, auditory and visual perception and acuity
Adequate vocal pitch and volume of voice
Manual dexterity and mobility
Ability to move quickly
Ability to adjust vision sufficiently to perform duties
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Subject to irregular hours
Increased stress due to multiple calls and inquiries
Participates in planning, organizing work activities, staff scheduling and providing lead direction to admitting and registration staff on an assigned shift.