Location: Oakdale, CA
Excellent compensation package, sign-on bonus, 15.9% pension plan, very strong benefits plan, 5xs annual salary life insurance plan, plus the opportunity and time to offer more of that one on one patient care you're looking for. Try Oak Valley Hospital District!
Reporting to the Emergency Room Manager, this position is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality individualized patient care using the components of the nursing process.
This position requires providing service to one or more age populations including an ill neonate through geriatric patient population in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served.
1. Performs physical and psychosocial assessment on all age groups of patients that demonstrates knowledge and consideration of age specific and cultural differences. Modifies nursing care to meet the age specific requirements of the newborn (0 to 30 days), infant (31 days to 1 year), pediatric (1 to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 70 years), and geriatric (71+ years) patients. Knowledge and understanding of differences in care including, but not limited to: growth and development, medications, and special physical and psychosocial needs. Modifies nursing care as appropriate.
2. Demonstrates strict adherence to COBRA/EMTALA requirements.
3. Demonstrates, through practice, understanding of job description and functions only within scope of practice. Limits verbal orders to emergency situations and assures inclusion of all verbal orders on the final medical record.
4. Adheres to all policies and procedures related to patient care, documentation and patient charges.
5. Participates in orientating and precepting of new staff, students, etc. as requested.
6. Maintains appropriate, confidential interfacility and interagency communications.
7. Demonstrates responsible role in noise reduction efforts in the department and assists in maintaining traffic control.
8. All other duties as assigned.
Graduate of a RN School of Nursing
Bachelor’s degree in health related field preferred
National Certification in related specialty preferred
Associate Degree in Nursing
Six months recent acute care experience. ER experience preferred
Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Current California RN License
Current AHA BLS
Current AHA ACLS
Current AHA PALS or ENPC
Current TNCC, MICN certification preferred
Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking
Lifts, positions, pushes up to 50 pounds
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
Manual dexterity and mobility
Ability to move quickly
Frequent reach, twist, push and pull
Heavy lifting (50 lbs. and over) 50% of the time
Moderate lifting (25-49 lbs.) 25% of the time
Light lifting (under 25 lbs.) 25% of the time
Assists as part of the Team the moving of heavy patients up to 350 lbs. at times in bed and transfer from bed to gurney or wheelchair
Heavy carrying (50 lbs. and over) 25% of the time
Moderate carrying (25-49 lbs.) 35% of the time
Light carrying (under 25 lbs.) 45% of the time
Must assist with ambulation orthostatic vital signs
Ability to adjust vision sufficiently to perform duties
High exposure to communicable diseases and blood borne pathogens, rare exposure to toxic substances such as
radiation, nuclear isotopes, chemotherapeutic agent
Exposure to a variety of electrical or power equipment
Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens
Subject to hazards including but not limited to, flammable, explosive gasses
Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment
In contact with patients in a variety of circumstances.
May be subject to rapidly changing, unpredictable situations related to patient needs, interruptions, multiple calls and inquiries
Subject to absentee replacement on short notice
Subjected to irregular hours
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, illness)
Emergency and crisis situations
Subject to irregular hours
Increased stress due to multiple calls and inquiries
Able to work in spite of frequent interruption