Location: Oakdale, CA
The Clinical Application Analyst position provides project management and coordinates patient care process design and reviews activities access the organization to ensure maximum benefits and enhancements are achieved. Responsible for formatting, designing and building relevant clinical content into appropriate workflows to provide end-users with knowledge at the point of care. This position is responsible for identifying areas at risk in coordination with the Manager of IT.
1. Act as a liaison for nurses, physicians and ancillary areas to translate clinical requirements into clinical systems.
2. Lead teams to implement new projects and systems.
3. Assist with process redesign and coordinate clinical workflow.
4. Assess implementation strategies and the impact those strategies will have on workflows and operations.
5. Train end-users on new or enhanced applications.
6. Ensure production clinical systems operate accurately, reliably and efficiently. Research and analyze system performance and assist with improvement measures.
7. Provide support, perform root cause analysis and issue resolution for problems in all clinical applications. This includes after hour maintenance and end user support as required.
8. Assist with ensuring adequate security measures and procedures are in place to maintain the confidentiality of the gathered data and distribution/access is only made to the appropriate, designated personnel.
9. Provide technical support, troubleshooting and problem resolution services to computer and telephone end-users.
10. Provide excellent customer service to resolve issues and maintain systems.
11. Produce and maintain systems documentation.
12. Assist with system upgrades.
13. Complete assignments with minimal supervision.
Bachelor degree is strongly preferred
Minimum of four (4) years experience supporting IT systems in a healthcare environment
Meditech experience is strongly preferred
Strong working knowledge of clinical processes and workflows
Strong Problem solving abilities and critical thinking skills
Effective interpersonal skills to include written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work well in a team environment but still able to work independently
Ability to fulfill on-call requirements
Able to manage multiple projects efficiently while meeting appropriate timelines
Strong documentation and organizational skills
Networking, Microsoft, or programming certification preferred
Lifts, positions, pushes up to 50 pounds
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
Manual dexterity and mobility
Ability to move quickly
Ability to adjust vision sufficiently to perform duties
Regularly exposed to the risk of contagious and blood borne diseases
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, illness)
Emergency and crisis situations
Subject to irregular hours
Able to work in spite of frequent interruptions
Increased stress due to multiple calls and inquiries
Occasional exposure to radiation hazards, radioactive substances and biohazard material