Location: Oakdale, CA
1. Prepares and distributes food, following procedures regarding safe food handling during preparation, service and storage. Properly operates equipment.
2. Follows standards for portion control; correctly prepares and portions regular and special request items for patient tray service and special functions. Demonstrates knowledge of food permitted for patients/residents according to diet.
3. Assembles, prepares and correctly serves items on tray-line with sufficient speed to ensure trays are delivered to the patient care areas on time; prepares items on time and in sufficient quantities; delivers carts to proper location.
Sets trays with necessary items: condiments, beverages, salads, desserts, etc.
Set trays completely; follows menu; arranges trays attractively and neatly.
Observes restrictions of therapeutic diets.
4. Maintains current patient profile cards and accurately completes menu check sheet for each patient/resident. Follows procedures as outlined and guidelines given in the current diet manual.
· Informs appropriate staff of changes as they occur.
· Accurately completes menu check sheet for each patient/resident.
5. Performs a variety of cleaning tasks within safety guidelines following department infection control procedures when performing cleaning assignments, thus ensuring infection control surveillance reports reflect compliance with standards.
· Properly stores and cleans items used in food preparation and service.
· Uses precaution and personal protective equipment when chemically cleaning and sanitizing.
· Completes cleaning assignments according to established guidelines and time frame.
6. Prepares and delivers nourishment’s to the proper locations, maintaining nourishment stock levels in utility refrigerators at various Nursing Units. Demonstrates knowledge of nourishment procedures (i.e., which diets receive between meal nourishment’s and special nourishment’s related to particular diets).
7. Presents a neat and clean appearance, adhering to standards of dress for the department, including but not limited to the following:
· Uniform: clean, neat and well maintained.
· Shoes: clean and polished and in good repair.
· Hair: neatly combed and properly restrained under hairnet or similar restraint.
· Fingernails: trimmed short, without polish.
· Jewelry: none, except wedding rings and/or watch.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Ability to read, write and speak English
Ability to follow written and oral instructions
Experience in quantity food production is preferred but not required.
Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking
Lifts, positions, pushes up to 50 pounds
Frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
Reach, grasp, twist, push and pull frequently
Manual dexterity and mobility
Ability to move quickly
Ability to adjust vision sufficiently to perform duties
Regularly exposed to the risk of contagious and blood borne diseases
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, illness)
Emergency and crisis situations
Subject to irregular hours
Increased stress due to multiple calls and inquiries